• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

00rest0or00ing0 value jet0 extra

MITCHATEXOTIC

I did it now.In an attempt to check ink levels I screwed something up.My yellow was empty yet I got no notice.(previous replies were appreciated)I would love to get back to square one is their a restore function somewhere.

MITCHATEXOTIC

no ink level indicator

I went thru every menu looking to turn on the ink level indicator.had massive problems with red(other forums helped tons) discovered I was printing without magenta or yellow after multiple head cleanings and head alignments.waiting on more magenta should be here tomorrow so I figured today would be a good day for maintenance

MITCHATEXOTIC

sorry frustration is clouding my thoughts

aver complete cleaning, with cleaning cartridges and refilling ink using new full cartridges when I run a nozzle check I only get k(blk) c(cyan) light magenta one small dash of magenta no light cyan or yellow. was that a little clearer And the WTF is what Im saying now HELP and thanks

MITCHATEXOTIC

The advice is probably correct

Next I guess I need to whine about it being saturday and I have orders due monday........So maybe I would like some advice in solving this problem before than and maybe how to prevent them in the future...and by the way I do consider myself a professional, but not an expert....Thanks again

MrKoob

Is this a ValueJET or SignWarehouse PrismJET Extra? Both are Mutoh, but one is rebranded the other is not. If it's a PrismJET Extra, I think SW is open on Sundays.

Bradster941

aver complete cleaning, with cleaning cartridges and refilling ink using new full cartridges when I run a nozzle check I only get k(blk) c(cyan) light magenta one small dash of magenta no light cyan or yellow. was that a little clearer And the WTF is what Im saying now HELP and thanks

After all that, I got to wonder?

None the less, try the syringe method to get any air out of the lines. Then print a yard or so of pictures. If it doesn't clear up, then I would say nozzles clogged or one side of the capping station is clogged. ( depends on what you draw through with the syringe ).

If you don't know what the syringe method is, just do a search and you will find great info. on it.

Brad...

Bradster941

Next I guess I need to whine about it being saturday and I have orders due monday........So maybe I would like some advice in solving this problem before than and maybe how to prevent them in the future...and by the way I do consider myself a professional, but not an expert....Thanks again

A case of cheese is headed to your location to go along with that whine.

bjones

The syringe thing will work. Just suck some air through the color drain line with the head parked in the dampers.

MITCHATEXOTIC

thank all but theres more

Syringe method WOW....very thankful for the encouragement to try this and it surely improved the problems but still yellow is almost non existent and magenta is sporadic and light cyan is gone...So, the genius of sign warehouse says that I probably have a bad capping station or pump...should this be under warranty(printer is 7 months old) and if not or even if so does anyone have any more suggestions or the fastest source for these parts....THANKS

Bradster941

Yes, it is covered under warranty and Sign Warhouse will send a repair tech. to you.

If you call them now, you should be up and running by Thursday.

For your area, I think you will probably get a guy by the name of Jack (something). Supper nice guy and welcomes people to go to school on him so have a list of questions ready.

Brad.

Graphics2u

What does a nozzle check look like right after using the syringe? If it's good and the problem reappears after a little time I'd say could be a capping station or wiper or possibly even a damper. If the colors your having problem with are all on same head (Ithink your machine has two) I'd put money on the capping station. Which is easy fix.

MITCHATEXOTIC

The Saga Continues

Sign warehouse finally replied to tech support questions and walked me thru everything these boards suggested and decided it was a capping station problem and it is covered under warranty and a tech will be here tomorrow.....during the info quest I did find this awsome web site though cmykparts.com