• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

.020" Block out Polystyrene

radelta1

I am trying to match materials for a job. The media looks like direct printed white-black-white .020" polystyrene. Does anyone know of a vendor for the material? Thanks

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Glantz is right across the river. There's a boatload of people who sell that stuff.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
How thin of a sandwich are you creating ?? Not saying it's not available, I just never saw it much less than 3mm.

radelta1

Thanks Gino. It is just like 3mm white-black-white PVC . But, the piece that I have is .020" and appears to be polystyrene.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm not doubting ya, but could you post a picture of that one ?? Put something aside of it for a reference, too. :thumb:

radelta1

IMG_0890.jpg

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Forgot about this one.

I talked to my distributor this morning and he said other than engraving material, you're gonna have a hard time finding that much uner 1/16". Maybe try a tradeshow display distributor with various kinds of display materials. He said the same thing, it's a really odd request.

SeaWriter

Yep, .02" block out polystyrene is a thing. Widely used here in Canada for a few years now, sold through a company called Plastic + Paper in Toronto. Prints great and is 100% block out, you can not see your cell phone flash light through it. Big surprise, same price as regular styrene. You could call and ask them who may have it in the USA.

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
I thought Drytac had something like this, but I don't see it on their site. Try a major plastics seller like Sabic or Laird.