• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

'06 PT Cruiser - 60 sq. feet?

Locals Find!

I am not sure if this is where this should go.

However, here goes. I have a client that wants to get some digital printed perf and some straight vinyl put on an '06 PT cruiser. Not a complete wrap.

My subcontractor is telling me we are looking at 60 sq feet of material for this job. I haven't seen the vehicle myself yet to actually measure it. Its being shipped from the dealer to the client. He purchased it outside of our area via ebay. Yet, 60 sq. ft. for a couple of 2 side windows one back window and some trim just doesn't seem right to me.

I have a template (attached) I got from the client for the artwork its a franchise company. Its based on an HHR however the vehicles are similar enough to give a good working idea of whats going on the vehicle in what way.

Can someone who has more experience in this give me their opinion. I am NOT looking for pricing info just want to see if that 60 sq ft. quote is accurate or am I getting faulty information.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

• HHR_PROOF.jpg
    HHR_PROOF.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 167

HulkSmash

just an FYI. Pt cruiser compared to an HHR? That's a joke. The PT cruiser has a MUCH more complex body, especially where your green stripe is going through. Also your giant we shop you deliver, will only fit on one panel.. cause pt cruisers don't have 2. Also - Yes That's a total of 60sqft. Also.... you're not using cut vinyl ..... RIGHT?

Locals Find!

just an FYI. Pt cruiser compared to an HHR? That's a joke. The PT cruiser has a MUCH more complex body, especially where your green stripe is going through. Also your giant we shop you deliver, will only fit on one panel.. cause pt cruisers don't have 2. Also - Yes That's a total of 60sqft. Also.... you're not using cut vinyl ..... RIGHT?

Thanks for the input Colorado. I guess I wasn't getting wrong figures. Good to know. We were going to use a combination of cut vinyl for the trim and the phone numbers on the body parts and printed / laminated window perf on the glass on the sides and the back window.

I figured the We shop logo was going to have to be scaled down to fit on the glass portion of the vehicle. Since the HHR is a cargo configuration and the PT cruiser is a passenger configuration. The template I posted is more of a guideline to use to try and maintain as much brand consistency as possible.

For the trim its only going to be the green as pin striping that red I was told is a real pain and he has gotten permission to leave it off.

Any suggestions to what were doing to make things work better would be appreciated. Advice from experts in the field is always welcome.

HulkSmash

Thanks for the input Colorado. I guess I wasn't getting wrong figures. Good to know. We were going to use a combination of cut vinyl for the trim and the phone numbers on the body parts and printed / laminated window perf on the glass on the sides and the back window.

I figured the We shop logo was going to have to be scaled down to fit on the glass portion of the vehicle. Since the HHR is a cargo configuration and the PT cruiser is a passenger configuration. The template I posted is more of a guideline to use to try and maintain as much brand consistency as possible.

For the trim its only going to be the green as pin striping that red I was told is a real pain and he has gotten permission to leave it off.

Any suggestions to what were doing to make things work better would be appreciated. Advice from experts in the field is always welcome.

My Advice is to NOT use cut vinyl on the green strip.

HulkSmash

In a more serious perspective - Sure you can do it. It'll pop back up over night, look like crap, wont go over that LARGE protruding door stopper. It'll crack..Also knowing what most cheap sign makers do, intermediate vinyl will be used.

that is all.

Locals Find!

Damn you got a good point. Whats going to suck is trying to color match that green digitally.

I feel a headache coming on already. The main company didn't give me any pms numbers to work with just some .pdfs and they actually sent me an email just make it close.

I probably should have added a PITA charge onto this.:banghead:

HulkSmash

Damn you got a good point. Whats going to suck is trying to color match that green digitally.

I feel a headache coming on already. The main company didn't give me any pms numbers to work with just some .pdfs and they actually sent me an email just make it close.

I probably should have added a PITA charge onto this.:banghead:

Take the file they gave you and have it digitally printed.. The colors will match..

ALSO if you take the PDF they gave you, open it in illustrator.. you can see what PMS color is locked in.................

sar bossier

In a more serious perspective - Sure you can do it. It'll pop back up over night, look like crap, wont go over that LARGE protruding door stopper. It'll crack..Also knowing what most cheap sign makers do, intermediate vinyl will be used.

that is all.

:rock-n-roll::thumb:

Colorado is 100% right ... you will need the flex/stretch capability of vehicle vinyl, to get those complex curves. Even with premium cut vinyl, you don't have the give you will need to adhere into the grooves/curves.