• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1:1 scaling issues

LongBeachCoupe

I have a set shape I need to duplicate, but I am not the best in photoshop, so I gave the real image to a local sign shop who I have become friendly with to help me out.

Im working with flexi 8.1 and he asked me what format to send it to me in, i said jpeg (right decision?)

When I bring it into flexi the proportions are way too big...

Can someone with flexi import this and let me know what dimensions it shows at? Or am I better off having him send it in a different format?

TIA:thankyou:

Attachments

• thing.jpg
    thing.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 94

thewood

Why didn't you create this in Flexi? Are you saying that the other shop created this in Photoshop?

S

scarface

I'm confused also. Your not good at Photoshop so you tell a sign shop to create it in flexi and your opening it in flexi and it's not right?

If you have flexi, ask them to send it as a flexi sign file, .eps, .ai ect

zmatalucci

flexi is probably taking your .jpeg @ 72dpi. increase or ask the sign shop what dpi they sent it to you as... or just ask for a .eps file

saktrnch

Thats what its supposed to be... why does it come out to over 40" long when i open it in flexi? I will have the sign shop give it to me in another format.

I opened it in Flexi and illustrator and it was the same size in both. how are you selecting it to see the size? Did you try Control A to select all? You might try a control a then control - and make it pretty small and see if there is something else in your work space.

Like above, I would ask for a .eps or .ai file.