• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1-6 Month Truck Advertisement Graphic - Material ????

*Forgive my ignorance on the subject. No previous vehicle wrap knowledge.

We want to put graphics/advertisement wraps on our trucks for 1-6 months which will be removed/replaced with new ads. My question is what is a good cheap material that would really last the allotted time frame but remain removable.

I was looking into using 3M IJ36 because my printer can do it fairly cheap, $1.00-$2.50sq/ft. They can also print BUSmark 5800 for the same price.

Will IJ36 or BUSmark 5800 be able to go around some small simple curves on the cab?
Most of the truck is flat straight surfaces, but some has rivets towards the edges. Has anyone put IJ36 over rivets?

We don't need it to look perfect or anything like a car wrap, just functional, stay on the truck, and decent looking at around 30mph-65mph.

Thanks for your input. I greatly appreciate any feedback and help.

ironchef

I need a vinyl that's good for rivets on trucks and trailers. I just got a mimaki cjv30-130 haven't even bought media yet. Was given a free roll of calendar 3mil. Glossy tru stock I been looking at my catalog for days. There is alot of options and different specs. More confusing then running rasterlink and learning how to print and cut

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
No calendered short term vinyl is going to stay down well over rivets. It will tent over them. That being said for short term wraps and whatnot that is essentially expected and standard. The thing about BusMark is it has a low price point, is easy to apply, and is an absolute dream to remove leaving essentially zero adhesive behind and zero issues with the surface you are removing it from. I can send one guy to remove an entire full wrap on a 40' city bus and he is done and on his way back to the shop in under 2 hours by himself. Colorado and Prowraps know what I'm talking about. Unless it's a contract more than about 6 months we do not even laminate it. We go through a lot of BusMark here, I order it through Lexjet. There are a few products we order through them and they do have very good service.

If you want it conformed on rivets and looking absolutley perfect for the duration it is on then you are going to have to look at a cast film and laminate it.

jfiscus

Rap Master
busmark/busart if there are no MAJOR curves, it goes around simple stuff but I would be concerned on a truck cab using it. Otherwise I would go ahead with 180CV3 for ease of installation and the removal in 6 months.