• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1 black nozzle missing, nozzle check Mutoh 1204, damper empty

manu

Hello,

here is the picture of nozzle checks on my mutoh 1204:
IMAG0029.jpg

I tried multiple cleaning, multiple little charge, soak a coffee filter with cleaning solution and let the print head rest on it (multiple times). All nozzle check are perfect except 1 of the black.

So I decided to look at the damper (never done that before), here are the picture:
IMAG0037.jpg

I can't figure out how to remove the black plastic piece that hold the damper but you can see on this picture that the black damper is empty (the magenta damper on the other side is full of ink).

Here is the picture of the print head, did I messed up the alignment by removing the 2 screws holding the print head ?
IMAG0038.jpg

Do I need to replace the black damper or is it some other problem ?

Thanks for the help !

Robert M

That head

Is there air in the line? The damper should be 50% to 75% full. Clean the area around the rubber gasket that seals around the head when it is over the capping station. Put that head back in asap as you will dry it out and yes you will need to adjust it.

Pm me for detailed instructions

manu

There is no air in the line, the line is seems full of ink but 1 of the black damper is empty. Does that mean I need to replace the damper ?

Thanks

Robert M

Dampers

I would start there. How old is the printer? make sure your cap top is clean and sealing against the head. i would do the damper first and then think about the maint station

we have dampers at www.solventinkjet.com

element7

Have you tried pulling through with a syringe after the pump? If it's sucking air, you should be able to hear it. The damper could be bad, or just not seated properly as well. Not sure how the 1204 is set up, but my 1604, I can remove the cover above the capping station and I can see the ink lines on the carriage, so when I pull through with a syringe, I can see if ink is being pullled or not

manu

I would start there. How old is the printer? make sure your cap top is clean and sealing against the head. i would do the damper first and then think about the maint station

we have dampers at www.solventinkjet.com

The printer is about 6 months old. I just noticed that when I do a cleaning or a little charge nothing go in the waste tray. I can hear the noise of the maintenance station but it looks like it's not pumping any ink.
Is it the pump? the seal? or should I just replace the maintenance station completely ?

manu

6 months old, means warranty? Ask selling party for solving the problem?

Paco

I bought it from SignWarehouse.com and yes I did contacted them but it's impossible to talk to them on the phone, you always get a dispatcher on the line. They opened a ticket, asked me to send pictures, I did and now I'm just waiting for one of their tech to call me back.

Does anybody know how to test the pump? I think that's where the problem come from since no ink is going in the waste tray when doing cleanings and little charge.

If I am not mistaking, the picture is of the wrong side of the damper. Look at the other side for ink. If there is none, try pulling from the bottom of the damper with a syringe. You will need a small piece of tubing to insert in to the damper.

manu

Ok, the SignWarehouse tech called me back, he seemed very knowledgeable,he said that the issue most likely come from the Maintenance Station and he sent me a new one.

Davide

test with a syringe to pull the color from the damper, or replace the damper concerned with that of another machine :rock-n-roll: