Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1 Mil Printable Vinyl Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Labels and Decals' started by shepherddesigns, Jan 20, 2017.

1. So, quick background. I've been making small cut decals using Oracal 751. I really like how thin and weedable the material is. I often make customized window decals with letters around 1" tall. I have a HP L315 and have been playing around with a 3M IJ180 / 8518 combination and really do not like how thick the final product is. Weeding has been a nightmare. I found that both 3M and Oracal have 1 mil laminates, but it doesn't appear anyone has a 1 mil printable substrate. Any ideas or know of any material that may work better for printed/cut decals.

Thanks.

2. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    You just need to get a 60 degree blade to cut the laminated material with. That will solve your problem with the weeding.

3. Have you found that using a 60* blade is better for perf cutting as well, or would the 45* work fine?

4. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO

It should be better for perf cut in theory but I don't have any experience with it other than playing around a little bit.

5. Jburns

Jburns Active Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Denver
    Bringing back an old thread -I am in search of 1 mil White cast or polyester vinyl for a project.
    I have seen / used oracal 352 - 1 mil clear but really need a white. Thermal printable preferred