• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1 yr. Contract for real estate signs

LowcountrySigns

We are new to the real estate signage business (4x8 site signs). We set up the lease option and would like for them to sign a contract for a year. Does anyone have an example of a contract a client signs for a year commitment?Thanks.

LowcountrySigns

One reason we asked that they sign a contract. The idea is that once made, we can reuse the sign in different locations and keep fabrication to a minimum.

Billct2

I never heard of this for Real Estate signs.
More common is to have the client buy them and you "contract" to install/remove/store them.

Letterbox Mike

Yup, realtors will probably not go for any sort of lease arrangement. Sell them the sign, and like Billct2 said, they pay you to install, remove, store and change information as needed.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
SIGN FOR LEASE.jpg

royster13

Realtors will go for almost anything so long as it is "cheaper than dirt" and the vendor does not make enough to make it worthwhile.....

signage

I wouldn't lease to Realtor's they don't want to pay as it is! Lease a sign and the house doesn't sell its all your fault the sign was no good! I can hear it now!

there is money to be made making signs for realtors.

lesson 1: sell the signs to the broker and let him/her collect from the individual agents. you sell more signs each time because they are ordering as a group and you only have to collect money from one person at each company versus chasing down money for single signs from single agents.

i agree for smaller signs you lease them the sign post (i made great money leasing out the colonial style posts that look like an upside down 'L') you get paid for placing the sign and a monthly fee. tag on additional fee for flier box, riders, storage, etc.

if you are working with a 'professional' real estate agent you may even want to design and sell them their fliers...there are professional real estate agents that will pay for services that help them sell properties...

you have to identify them from the cheap'o's it isn't hard, they buy multiple signs to get discounts versus just asking for unwarranted discounts and they use/consume MANY more signs than the non professional agents because they sell more properties and they pay great money for services that help them sell said properties. these agents can make you money. in my experience there is no other way to deal with the 'other' agents/the cheap o agents than to let the broker deal with them, that is your client.

TheSnowman

Our Realtors/Auctioneers just bought the 4' X 4' signs themselves, then they bring them into us to change them. We just store them, they shoot an email w/ the info on it, and they pick it up. When we get low, they bring 30 more by, and we start the process over again. If you were looking to make it "simple", I think you went in the wrong direction on this one.