Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

10 mil poster paper for Roland

Discussion in 'Roland' started by MrDesignGuy, Jun 2, 2010.

1. MrDesignGuy

MrDesignGuy Member

Feb 26, 2009
    I'm looking for a 10 mil poster paper that would have a profile to go along with it for the Roland Soljet Pro III XC-540 printer. Any suggestions would be helpful!!!

Tags:
  2. Pacific Coast Sign

Pacific Coast Sign Active Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Portland, OR
    We have a 9 mil with profiles if that helps.

3. skdave

skdave Member

I did know you can print poster board in a Roland. More info please.

4. cdiesel

cdiesel Very Active Member

Jan 28, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    We typically use GF Poly instead of paper. Better wet/tear strength and it prints nice.

5. Slamdunkpro

Slamdunkpro Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I've tried several papers for solvent - My biggest issues have been that they aren't very white, most are more of an eggshell color and they don't dry fast enough to use the take up spool.

6. ProColorGraphics

ProColorGraphics Very Active Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    Roland has a poster paper themselves

7. cdiesel

cdiesel Very Active Member

Jan 28, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    You can definitely print paper. We have used Oce outdoor poster paper. It's 212gm. I still prefer the GF Poly though.

8. WDP

WDP Member

Sep 21, 2008
    Yes We print on Poster paper all the time Slhl Brand

9. WDP

WDP Member

Sep 21, 2008
    Never heard of GF Poly, Who sells it?

10. ProColorGraphics

ProColorGraphics Very Active Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    GF Poly is from Intelicoat I believe. It does print very nice and is a very high gloss material. Fairly inexpensive too. For me it has taken a little longer too dry.

11. MrDesignGuy

MrDesignGuy Member

Feb 26, 2009
    I'm looking for a heavier paper for indoor poster use, i guess for POP type signage. Intellicoat has a 10mil/212 gram paper but recommends printing only with true solvent inks, not eco-solvent. Oce' carries the same exact paper, but from my understanding, they buy it directly from Intellicoat and sell it as there own. This wouldn't work either. Roland offers and 9 mil photobase paper and a 7.5 mil Glossy Poster paper. I use them both and have had great results, yet a client of mine has specifically asked for a heavier paper then this. I've used a product similar to GFPoly called Pop-Up. It's a 10 mil polyester banner material, works great for banners stands and tradeshow graphics. I'm curious though how the conversion from these films relate to the thickness of poster paper. I know the 10 mil poly film is definitely thicker than 10 mil poster paper. Why is this?

12. MrDesignGuy

MrDesignGuy Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Is this comparable to a 10 mil poster paper in weight and thickness? I may have to order a sample roll and try!

13. MrDesignGuy

MrDesignGuy Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Do they offer a heavier paper such as a 10 mil and is it compatible with the Roland SJ PRO III?

14. JR Digital

JR Digital Member

Jul 5, 2004
    best paper for eco/solvent out there..