• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

10 mil PSA laminate that doesn't silver?

LeLuni

Is there such a thing as a 10 Mil laminate that doesn't silver permanently? I'm trying to use a matte textured laminate for tradeshow panels.
On thinner laminates, the silvering will go away on its own overnight, but silvering on this thicker laminate never goes away. I've tried warming the panels with a torch and running them through the cold laminator again, but I doesn't really help.
Am I just stuck with it? Any ideas?

lgroth

Hate it when that happens

We use a couple of different thick laminates for trade show graphics, always had problems. Played with the laminator, speed, pressure, etc.. One of the lams had best results running a little heavier pressure, no heat and fast, another I had to apply a little heat, low pressure and run it slooowwww... Sometimes it's a game to figure out what will work. I have ID tags on the lams, anything that has to have "special settings" I note them there so I don't forget next time I use it...