• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just In 10' Monument - New Project

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
Just went up on Wednesday -
10' tall, 10' wide, with 76" circle. Pushthrough acrylic letters and logo, brushed aluminum face for blockout.
Had to reduce the size of "apartment homes" to get it past our town's draconian permitting laws... at least to pass inspection.

Attachments

• VISTA.jpg
    VISTA.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 440

CanuckSigns

very cool! you wouldn't happen to have a shop drawing showing how a sign like this is constructed do you? I'm always curious how some of these large monument signs with different elements are all structurally held together without any visible fasteners.

JTBoh

tubular aluminum frame with crossmembers, aluminum skin riveted on, then rivets are painted.

This one was two pieces - base and then copper and circle topper. We direct mounted them to the two 4" steel poles on the interior.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
very cool! you wouldn't happen to have a shop drawing showing how a sign like this is constructed do you? I'm always curious how some of these large monument signs with different elements are all structurally held together without any visible fasteners.

If you zoom in on the picture, you can see the face returns have attachments. Remove them, and you can access the anything holding the sign together, or the attachments to the posts.

Not a big fan of rivets, I would have plug weld and glued it together over a kerfed cut aluminum frame.
I would also try as hard as I could not to have a seam running through the face of it.

Nice design though... very clean.

JTBoh

Rick -
Circle face has 2" retainer, with break about 1/3 of the way up. Means we only have to lift the face about 6" to pull it out. It's a heavy sumbish, especially with the pushthroughs tacked on.

Seam was unavoidable, unfortunately. Couldn't get a brushed aluminum piece large enough.