Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just In 10' Monument - New Project

Discussion in 'Portfolio Board' started by JTBoh, Sep 28, 2018.

1. JTBoh

JTBoh I sell signage and signage accessories.

Jun 15, 2011
    Clermont, FL
    Just went up on Wednesday -
    10' tall, 10' wide, with 76" circle. Pushthrough acrylic letters and logo, brushed aluminum face for blockout.
    Had to reduce the size of "apartment homes" to get it past our town's draconian permitting laws... at least to pass inspection.

Attached Files:

Tags:
    • Like Like x 5
  2. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    I like it. Nice clean visual day or night.

• I Appreciate You I Appreciate You x 1
  3. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    very cool! you wouldn't happen to have a shop drawing showing how a sign like this is constructed do you? I'm always curious how some of these large monument signs with different elements are all structurally held together without any visible fasteners.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. JTBoh

Jun 15, 2011
    Clermont, FL
    tubular aluminum frame with crossmembers, aluminum skin riveted on, then rivets are painted.

This one was two pieces - base and then copper and circle topper. We direct mounted them to the two 4" steel poles on the interior.

5. neato

neato Very Active Member

May 16, 2003
    Henderson, IL
    Very nice lookng sign!

6. Rick

Rick Certified Enneadecagon Designer

Apr 17, 2003
    Valle Vista
    If you zoom in on the picture, you can see the face returns have attachments. Remove them, and you can access the anything holding the sign together, or the attachments to the posts.

Not a big fan of rivets, I would have plug weld and glued it together over a kerfed cut aluminum frame.
    I would also try as hard as I could not to have a seam running through the face of it.

Nice design though... very clean.

• Like Like x 1
  7. JTBoh

Jun 15, 2011
    Clermont, FL
    Rick -
    Circle face has 2" retainer, with break about 1/3 of the way up. Means we only have to lift the face about 6" to pull it out. It's a heavy sumbish, especially with the pushthroughs tacked on.

Seam was unavoidable, unfortunately. Couldn't get a brushed aluminum piece large enough.