Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanted 10 oz double sided mesh banners

Discussion in 'Member to Member Classifieds • Bids Wanted' started by Tfloraditch, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Tfloraditch

Tfloraditch Member

Oct 26, 2017
    Hooksett NH
    The City requires that cross street banners need to be one 10 oz mesh banner hemmed and grommets printed both sides. Not two banners sewed together. Does anyone out there make that? I can find 12 oz. but not 10 oz.

Tags:
  2. fresh

fresh Very Active Member

May 16, 2011
    nj
    has anyone actually done one? I didn't know you could even get a mesh banner printed double sided.

Also, I think you want it to be heavier weight so it doesn't tear apart. I could be wrong, but I assume the weight is the weight before its peforated. And depending on the perf count, a 12 oz banner could actually weigh less than a 10 oz one.

3. Tfloraditch

Tfloraditch Member

Oct 26, 2017
    Hooksett NH

4. fresh

fresh Very Active Member

May 16, 2011
    nj
    like i said, once you perforate 12oz 25%, you effectively only have 8oz of weight per sqft (or whatever area that weight is calculated by.)

5. spectrum maine

spectrum maine Member

Nov 1, 2012
    biddeford, maine
    i would not worry 1 bit. the people at the city have no clue & its actually a better product anyway.

6. shoresigns

shoresigns Very Active Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Vancouver, BC
    I've never heard of a double-sided print on mesh, but I would assume the image would bleed through significantly. You wouldn't want to design anything with a white background, probably.

7. MI Bearcat

MI Bearcat Member

Apr 1, 2015
    Canton, Michigan
    Signs2trade produces double sided mesh banners on 12oz mesh

8. Tfloraditch

Tfloraditch Member

Oct 26, 2017
    Hooksett NH
    I don't think that is the way it works. It's not perforated it is a mesh material before printed. Besides, City hall isn't going to do the math. If they look at it at all they are just going to say 12 oz doesn't fly!

9. Tfloraditch

Tfloraditch Member

Oct 26, 2017
    Hooksett NH
    I agree. That is likely the way we will go, but if the City rejects it I'm not paying for it. The decision is above my pay grade.