• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

graphics guru

Anybody want o weigh in on some pros cons on the new 3M 1080 wrap film. i called a supplier to get some pricing yesterday and wow...3M is proud of this stuff, specially depending on the type you get (plain vs carbon fibere, brushed metal etc). but the kicker is, you still have to lamenate it, so more cost there plus it comes in already weighing in at 3.5mm before lam. curious to the "wrap qualities" of this

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Actually the kicker is you do NOT have to laminate it. The specialty ones with deep embedded grain like brushed and carbon fiber are considerably more expensive, yes. Good stuff.

http://www.3mgraphics.com/1080

You can laminate if you want though.

dolce05

no lamination needed and it works amazing, handles curves and bends amazing. I found it to be priced well...maybe your buying from the wrong supplier. What are they charging per yard?

graphics guru

a 10yd roll of the regular colors are saying $258.00
same amount in the specialty ( brushed, c. fiber) $568.00

not sure where that stacks up

johnnysigns

I keep having preadhesion problems w/ this stuff where it leaves glue on the car near hinges when only tacked in place. The nerds I do these wraps for haven't been too happy, I'm eager to try the Avery sumpreme stuff next car I do.

Graphix Guru

3M 1080 is the way to go!

I used 3M 1080 for the first time just a few weeks ago when I wrapped my 2002 Audi allroad in Burnt Orange & Anthracite Carbon Fiber. In my humble opinion, I think it looks pretty darned good! Here are a couple of before/after shots for all of you to check out.

I've used the Oracal 970 before but much prefer the 1080. It is easier to work with & I'm able to use 3M Primer 94, where with the Oracal they advise against it. The 3M is worth the price, which isn't that much more than Oracal or Avery if you buy from Fellers.

Attachments

• allroad-9.jpg
    allroad-9.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 113
  • allroad-6.jpg
    allroad-6.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 131
  • allroad-5.jpg
    allroad-5.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 146
  • ALLROAD-before-1.jpg
    ALLROAD-before-1.jpg