Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

............??

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Gino, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    I'm only wondering on this one.

I was reading a thread earlier and saw someone signed in as a 'Guest' but still had the ability to post some answers.

Is this the result of someone who paid to be a member, dropped their membership or what ?? I thought there were a lot of people who were considered 'guests' and not paying who could still make posts without being labeled as a 'guest' ??

Again, I'm not questioning authority or whatnot, just how it works. :thankyou:

Tags:
  2. slappy

slappy Very Active Member

May 31, 2005
    Earth
    maybe it's a ghost :omg:

...... or a very clever screen name

3. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    When a member gets their feelings hurt (can't imagine that) and requests that their account be deleted, the result is that any posts they've made are retained but are labeled as being made by User Name "Guest".

4. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Ohhhhhh...........

So they can still read, but no longer post because they no longer want to participate. Now, that makes no sense whatsoever.

Is that like the saying...spitting on your nose to snot out your mouth ??

Feelings hurt ?? In this place ?? Nawwwww...... now you're joshing. :ROFLMAO:

5. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Not sure if that's a metaphor or an analogy ... but definitely obtuse and disgusting.

Most members who no longer want to participate just don't revisit or login. Occasionally a deletion of account is requested. In their infinite wisdom, the program authors decided on the "Guest" route as a solution in this situation. They can no longer post but, yes, they can still read. They also cannot see images, use the search engine, or see certain forums such as Sales, Marketing & Pricing.

Welcome from sunny Florida!!! :Oops: :ROFLMAO:

6. HulkSmash

HulkSmash Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    I haven't seen rift or drama on this site in months... hence me not being active here..:Big Laugh:Big Laugh

jk jk.. we've been balls out stupid busy, so i don't have much time.

7. ddarlak

ddarlak Trump Hater

that should be included in the governments assessment of the economy, if there's no drama on Signs101, the economy must be picking up.....