• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

............??

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm only wondering on this one.

I was reading a thread earlier and saw someone signed in as a 'Guest' but still had the ability to post some answers.

Is this the result of someone who paid to be a member, dropped their membership or what ?? I thought there were a lot of people who were considered 'guests' and not paying who could still make posts without being labeled as a 'guest' ??

Again, I'm not questioning authority or whatnot, just how it works. :thankyou:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I'm only wondering on this one.

I was reading a thread earlier and saw someone signed in as a 'Guest' but still had the ability to post some answers.

Is this the result of someone who paid to be a member, dropped their membership or what ?? I thought there were a lot of people who were considered 'guests' and not paying who could still make posts without being labeled as a 'guest' ??

Again, I'm not questioning authority or whatnot, just how it works. :thankyou:

When a member gets their feelings hurt (can't imagine that) and requests that their account be deleted, the result is that any posts they've made are retained but are labeled as being made by User Name "Guest".

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ohhhhhh...........

So they can still read, but no longer post because they no longer want to participate. Now, that makes no sense whatsoever.

Is that like the saying...spitting on your nose to snot out your mouth ??

Feelings hurt ?? In this place ?? Nawwwww...... now you're joshing. :ROFLMAO:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Ohhhhhh...........

So they can still read, but no longer post because they no longer want to participate. Now, that makes no sense whatsoever.
Is that like the saying...spitting on your nose to snot out your mouth ??

Feelings hurt ?? In this place ?? Nawwwww...... now you're joshing. :ROFLMAO:

Not sure if that's a metaphor or an analogy ... but definitely obtuse and disgusting.

Most members who no longer want to participate just don't revisit or login. Occasionally a deletion of account is requested. In their infinite wisdom, the program authors decided on the "Guest" route as a solution in this situation. They can no longer post but, yes, they can still read. They also cannot see images, use the search engine, or see certain forums such as Sales, Marketing & Pricing.

Welcome from sunny Florida!!! :Oops: :ROFLMAO:

HulkSmash

I haven't seen rift or drama on this site in months... hence me not being active here..:Big Laugh:Big Laugh

jk jk.. we've been balls out stupid busy, so i don't have much time.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I haven't seen rift or drama on this site in months

that should be included in the governments assessment of the economy, if there's no drama on Signs101, the economy must be picking up.....