• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

11880 multi-image issue

Joecarl

I have a client with an Epson Stylus Pro 11880 that is printing very oddly. Setup is a Mac Pro running 10.6.8 connected to the 11880 directly via USB. Files sent to the printer look like there are multiple images overlayed and offset from each other. Epson support has been anything but, suggesting to remove all Epson files and reinstall the drive whenever this happens, but it still does it even after doing this.

I've attached two pairs of images, the original image and the output from the 11880.
image1.jpg 11880-1.jpg
image2.jpg 11880-2.jpg

Help, please!

Joecarl

Culprit was corrupt cusotm paper size preference file.

Further troubleshooting revealed that this printing anomaly did not occur in a test account on the Mac, pointing to a corrupt preference file in the user's Library. I finally narrowed it down to ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.print.custompapers.plist : deleting this file eliminated the problem (but also all the custom paper sizes, obviously).