• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1204 head removal and replacement instructions?

Mass Signs

Any fine lads out there have some helpful information for Mutoh 1204 head removal and replacement instructions? I actually already did it while boycotting some thieves that wanted some serious dough for a service call. Turned out somewhat OK but I'm getting a little magenta spray past the point that ink should be laid. I don't know if the head is the problem just like to look over the procedure. Any help would be helpful thanks. I also replaced the maintenance assembly.

P

ProWraps™

sounds like the head might not be seated correctly.

Color Dude

Is this a new head?

I have seen this overspray issue in the magenta before and it was due to the fact that the head was for a waterbased printer and not for the eco-solvent ink and that is what was causing the problem. Did you just purchase this head?

Mass Signs

no i'm a moron!

I took it out because i thought (1) i would be able to clean it better if the nozzels where clogged. (2) I'm mechanical if you know what i mean, I need to overhaul everything! plus understand the machine better (3) Didn't really understand the what was happening to the ink. ( Maint. Assembly) (4) Fully underprepared (No Maintenance Manual). I've since located The manual. Thanks Fellas.

randya

Any fine lads out there have some helpful information for Mutoh 1204 head removal and replacement instructions? I actually already did it while boycotting some thieves that wanted some serious dough for a service call. Turned out somewhat OK but I'm getting a little magenta spray past the point that ink should be laid. I don't know if the head is the problem just like to look over the procedure. Any help would be helpful thanks. I also replaced the maintenance assembly.

How much is a little?

This sounds more like head tilt adjustment, which could be related to the head not being seated properly.

Take a look underneath and make sure the head is flat in the carriage.

If so, take a look at your adjustments for head tilt.

Pro Image

my valuejet 1204 SA won't start at all. Need help! need advise please!!!Anyone???

Unplug it and wait 15 min. plug it back in and it should start..............If the power went out and came back on it tripped its internal circuit breaker.....That worked for me.........