• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1204 INK Question

copythat

I have a 1204 my salesperson during the training had sad that what ever we do when machine askd to change ink don't hesitate. Something to do with the flow of ink.

#1 is this true? So much ink is left in the cartridge. I understand the continuation of ordering supplies is where it's at. We all need re-peat business.

#2 I'm paying $64.99 220ml. Any better pricing out there?

Thanks in advance as always.

T-Man

Signsforwhile

That printer will warn you that the ink is low. Then it will simply stop printing once it is out of ink. That's when you change it out. We always have backup cartridges in house for our machines. An extra set of inks is absolutely necessary.

copythat

Thanks

That printer will warn you that the ink is low. Then it will simply stop printing once it is out of ink. That's when you change it out. We always have backup cartridges in house for our machines. An extra set of inks is absolutely necessary.

SO it's not necessary to change before it's time. Thanks a lot!

Matt Cuellar

No, just have a backup on hand. As the previous poster said, first you will get a message " [C] Near End" for instance if the Cyan is low which typically means you have about 7% left. Once the printer runs out, it shuts down, and will pick right up when you replace the cartridge. As long as you don't forward the media or power down the machine, it won't even hiccup.

Arstron

What they said is true, usually when it says my ink is out I still have quiet a bit left in my cartridges. The machine guesses how much ink is used by how much the pump runs, I have 4 cartridges that are half full right now that the machine thinks is empty.

Designer Wraps

#2 I'm paying $64.99 220ml. Any better pricing out there?

That's a standard price ... we're using the 440ml in our 1204 which are double the size, last twice as long and are $119.99 (so you save 10 bucks and don't have to change them as often which is the best thing). They are BIG so BE CAREFUL not to run into them (this is why the distributors don't really approve of selling them for use in a 1204, but they work great.

Signsforwhile

That's a standard price ... we're using the 440ml in our 1204 which are double the size, last twice as long and are $119.99 (so you save 10 bucks and don't have to change them as often which is the best thing). They are BIG so BE CAREFUL not to run into them (this is why the distributors don't really approve of selling them for use in a 1204, but they work great.

The other reason that the 1204 does not support the 440 tanks is because they hang out too far and if there is the slightest reverse grade on your printer the ink flows too far back causing the printer thing it's out of ink. We stopped running the 440s because when the tank had 50% left it thought it was out of ink. Some would use the rest some would stop when it was half full. Buyer beware!

copythat

Thanks to all

No, just have a backup on hand. As the previous poster said, first you will get a message " [C] Near End" for instance if the Cyan is low which typically means you have about 7% left. Once the printer runs out, it shuts down, and will pick right up when you replace the cartridge. As long as you don't forward the media or power down the machine, it won't even hiccup.

We always have back-up's especially magenta for some reason always runs out the fastest