• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1204 ink starve??

rrd

Has anyone had their 1204 do this?(see attached) It's fine if I do a clean with sm ink fill before printing. Does not matter the profile and does it for all colors on left end of the sheet.

Attachments

• ink starve.JPG
    ink starve.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 183

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I have seen this type of issue before where it only drops out on the left side of the print and it ended up being the manifold was clogged and restricting ink flow. You could take the manifold off and flush it but that can be time consuming and it could also damage the head if you aren't careful. You could also try running a long store cycle. This will empty the machine of ink, flush it out with cleaning cartridges and then you can fill it back up. This is the more expensive option but it is safer then flushing the manifold.

Also, you should change the dampers to rule them out.

rrd

It has new dampers, new head, new maintenance station and new cables. Started about week into the new head. My outdoor jr has gone 12 years with less issues haha.