• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1204 Making a whistling noise

My Mutoh ValueJet 1204 just started a whistling noise.
It's hard to tell if it's coming from the print head or over where the capping station is.
Anyone have ideas?

Thanks

rcook99

Check your fans underneath and there is a little one behind the back panel next to your ethernet cable. If they are full of dust build up they will make noise. I actually replaced the small one on the back with a new fan. PM me if you need to know where to get that one. The others are still good but they have started to make some of a whistle. I will have to take a look at mine as well.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Maybe it's Bashful or Sleepy.

We don't have the same machine, but when something gets into the fans, such as a dust buildup, it can sound like a whistling effect. A few months ago, we had a tiny leak in an air line. Started out as a hiss, then a whistle, then we stopped. Fixed it and good as new. Our Roland just started a clicking noise. No idea what that is. Gonna hafta go investigate.