• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1204 mutoh inks/cleaning carts

PMG

any one having issues with the ink levels being incorrect after washing the heads......I put the cleaning carts in and they say they are empty but they are half full still ,also on my magenta ink as well its half full but says its empty. I put new inks in and all is fine,,whats would the issues be on the other carts?

Last edited:

mondo

I think cleaning cart is one time use. But Im not sure. THat just what the guys said from SW. I haven't tried it. As far as the magenta Ink try shaking it and wipe the chip (just a touch). Mine is out already but its still printing. Weird and scary. And its 1 month before warranty expires.

PMG

thanks for the info....but on the cleaning carts.......on the 1204 they are more than 1 time use...if thats the case it would cost ya 140$ every time you do a head wash!!!!

S

Sign-Man Signs

Book/Manual says cleaning carts are a one tine use. At $140.00 dollars a set, think they use the whole cart on the cleaning.

PMG

well i have done a few head washings with the same carts, when ya do a head washing it ask you to remove the ink carts,then to insert the cleaning carts to wash the heads,then when its done you replace with the inks and it fills back up, the carts are half full still so i know it does not use the whole 4x 220 or 880 ml of clening fluid in one cleaning.

PMG

Im thinking it has to do with the digital type cards that hold the information,i think the information is corrupted i just talked to a buddy that has a 1604 and he had issues as well with his cards not reading correctly. He also said he thinks the 1204 is a multi use cleaning cart,but he said on his 1604 it is a one time use.

P

ProWraps™

we use our cleaning carts until they are empty. not once. that would be insane. we have 6 carts. it would be a $300 cleaning after you refilled the lines.

randya

Carts can be used until 'empty'.
Problems will occur if you try to do a cleaning and there is not enough ink in the cart, OR the smart card 'counter' has counted down to empty, it can put you in an endless cleaning loop, than can require resetting a parameter in diagnositics mode.

The smart cards contain a chip that identifies the type of ink, the color and an estimate of how much remains in the cart.

The estimate is a count of how many drops have fired and how many pump cycles have occured.
Pump cycles are only an 'estimate' of how much ink is pumped.
Changes in efficiency of the pump, and of the sealing mechanism between the pump and the capping station can account for remaining fluid after the smart card determines 'ink out' or 'ink low' status.

If you have excessive ink left in the cart and it is showing an ink out, contact your dealer for a new smart card to install on the cart.

PMG

randya

How will them sending me new cards solve the issues...they don't know what levels are left in my carts to program the card,the only way to get even close to matching the card to the cart is to weigh it and then program the card to the cart levels.

SignosaurusRex

I just got off the phone with Mutoh regarding cartridge errors that we experienced over the weekend. Seems to be an issue with the smart-cards. I was told to contact my supplier with the info, the supplier would send out new replacement carts at Mutohs expense and then I would send my error producing carts directly to Mutoh. I haven't called my supplier yet.

PMG

REX thanks for the information,,im waiting on a call back from my supplier now,tech support said the same thing as you just did!!!!:thumb:

randya

How will them sending me new cards solve the issues...they don't know what levels are left in my carts to program the card,the only way to get even close to matching the card to the cart is to weigh it and then program the card to the cart levels.

There is no way to know or program the new smart card to reflect what is left in your carts. They will read 100%. There is a tab on the side or the carts that trips an ink out sensor when the inside bag is empty (or very close to it). This will allow you to use the remaining ink in the carts, but you will want to check them manually before starting a long job.

PMG

Problem taken care of and the old carts are in the mail and the new ones are being shipped out. Thanks for the information guys!!!!!

rcboats1

I just got off the phone with Mutoh regarding cartridge errors that we experienced over the weekend. Seems to be an issue with the smart-cards. I was told to contact my supplier with the info, the supplier would send out new replacement carts at Mutohs expense and then I would send my error producing carts directly to Mutoh. I haven't called my supplier yet.

Let us know how that works out for you.