• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1204 not clogged but prints nothing?

steviediff

Wonder if someone can help with this one??
It has me baffled, I replaced the manifold on my print head put it back in
and it doesn't work at all. It cleans ok with ink coming through but when i do a test print no nozzles print at all. I've replace the head and the cable to the head but still nothing, ink comes through when clean but nothing when i print??

I thought if it was board damage an error message would appear?

What else can it be?

It sounds like you blew the fuse on the main board. You have to unplug machine and totally discharge it before unpluging the head cables. You can try to fin someone that does board level repair and replace the fuse.

steviediff

Had sombody check the board, 5 different fuses but all are ok?
Surely it would fuse before damaging the main board to the point where
the full board would need replacing....i'm hoping its not going to come to that!

steviediff

Happy New Year All!

cables haven't been crossed, guessing it's this F2 fuse but not sure of location.
Have noticed a red light flashing on board at "LD2" and a solid red light on at "LD1"
not so sure if they were like that prior to head not printing?

any help well appreciated

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
If you look at the board as if it was in the printer the F2 Fuse is in the upper right corner behind the heat sink. You should see it labeled on the board.

signworldusinc

Merchant Member
Make sure you installed the head back perfectly; we've had customers who come in with the same issue and its usually due to the fact that the print head was not properly secured back in.

- Signworld Team

steviediff

Located the F2 fuse, it is small!!
It also seems to be the problem, i've ordered a couple an will have one soildered in tomorrow.

Thanks for your help guys.