• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1204 nvram initialise issue

Daiprinter

We do most of our maintenance ourself, this evening I decided to remove the end of life error message for our newly replaced pf motor, cr motor and pump. I entered the maintenance mode as per my manual, I initialised the pf motor, then noticed initialise all ! Once I returned to normal mode the machine now is asking me to remove cartridges and wants me to put cleaning cartridges in? I have spent 3 hrs searching for the answer. At best I think I have removed the firmware. I have 50 meters to print by Tuesday and did this at 6pm Friday and have no cleaning cartridges to entertain this. My worry is reading the manual if you get the firmware update wrong you can ruin the main board. This has left me in enough trouble as it is !!!! And before the smart ones tell me not to fiddle.... I know and I'm stressed enough without the ridicule! :smile:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You essentially reset the machine back to factory default and it thinks you are turning the machine on for the first time. There is a way to trick the machine back into thinking it is not new but unfortunately I cannot remember off the top of my head and we just sold our demo machine and can't go rummaging around for the answer. You might want to call Mutoh directly and speak with one of their techs. They should know which parameter to change to get back into working mode. The firmware is fine, it's the parameters that you reset. That means that once you get the machine back into working mode, your alignments will be reset as well.