• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1204 Printhead

customcreations

Where is the best place to buy one at? Got to be a credible company to sel one for less than 2K. I think I am game to install it myself with new dampers too.

DravidDavid

Where is the best place to buy one at? Got to be a credible company to sel one for less than 2K. I think I am game to install it myself with new dampers too.

I'm not an expert on every printer and print head available, but on our Rolands, the technician uses fancy special tools and special drivers with gauges and things so he does not overtorque anything.

Dampers are pretty easy though. I just wouldn't want to risk ending up with a $2000 dollar paper weight, haha! :)

utmtech

I'm not an expert on every printer and print head available, but on our Rolands, the technician uses fancy special tools and special drivers with gauges and things so he does not overtorque anything.

Dampers are pretty easy though. I just wouldn't want to risk ending up with a $2000 dollar paper weight, haha! :)

There are no special adjustments on the 1204 head. Just removal of the cowling revealing a snap in printhead/dampers unit with 2 screws holding it in and 3 holding the printhead to the manifold with 3 more screws. Unplug 2 ribbons and voila.

Also this DX5 printhead is terribly overpriced.

Chimuka

I have a 1304 with a bad head. I was "told" by a dealer that one better set the voltage correct for the new head or else... JUNK

Sounds like Mutoh's policy in raising the price of repair parts is maybe trying to help one to consider a new printer. I worked for me. I bought a HP 310.
I ain't lookin' backwards I'll tell you that.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I have a 1304 with a bad head. I was "told" by a dealer that one better set the voltage correct for the new head or else... JUNK

Sounds like Mutoh's policy in raising the price of repair parts is maybe trying to help one to consider a new printer. I worked for me. I bought a HP 310.
I ain't lookin' backwards I'll tell you that.

It's not necessarily Mutoh's fault the heads are so pricey. Epson manufactures the heads for Mutoh. Now that Mutoh does not manufacture Epson's large format solvent printer line, Epson is in direct competition with them. When your competitor is selling you a part that you absolutely need to function, you can connect the dots.

Chimuka

It's not necessarily Mutoh's fault the heads are so pricey. Epson manufactures the heads for Mutoh. Now that Mutoh does not manufacture Epson's large format solvent printer line, Epson is in direct competition with them. When your competitor is selling you a part that you absolutely need to function, you can connect the dots.

Thanks for correcting me, I was presumptuous.

For myself, by the time I would buy a head , dampers, and let's not forget the capping station and pump. It made more sense for me to give my accountant something to deduct. I figured the repairs amounted to 2 years of payments on a new printer and comparing inks costs to the printer I purchased . Mutoh 220's are about 30 cents a milliliter and HP ink was about 18 cents a milliliter. I know there is aftermarket ink for the mutoh and ink costs on the HP are not the end of consumable expense.

All said the 1304 worked very well for me for 5 + years.

Wasn't Mutoh making the Epson printers at one time? Do they still?