• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1204 ValueJet Pinch Rollers won't lift

Suddenly my pinch rollers won't raise.

I raised the lever so I could change some media change and although the lever raises and lowers, the display panel says "lever up", & the media rolls froward and backward, I can't get the rollers that hold the media down to lift so I can thread media through.

I checked the springs, and what parts I can see seem ok and there's no clunking.

I just wondering if this ever happened to anyone before and ideas before I tear into it???

Thanks in advance!

NazGraphics

its stuck wiggel it put ur fingers in the back off it and push it up

its stuck rubber is melted to the roller wiggle it put ur finger in the back lift off the loaded spring and push it up

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Take the cover off the capping station end and see if the handle is stripped or broken around the metal hex shaped rod that raises and lowers the rollers.
The handle is plastic and can strip out - happened to me on a 1304.
There is a plastic tab on the backside of the handle that trips a position sensor that will still signal even with the hex rod not moving.
You can still print with the cover off using an 8mm closed wrench to lift and lower the rollers while you get another handle.
You do need to trip the sensor (piece of paper between the 2 ears of the sensor will work) if you want the printer to measure out the width of the material.

wayne k
guam usa