• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

12'x6' sign without seam?

WhatsYourSign?

We have a client who wants a 12'W x 6'H sign without any seams.

I'm able to source an aluminum panel this size from Harbor, but our 63" printer isn't large enough to do it without a seam.

I've checked with all of our trade printers and none of them are able to provide/ship panels this large.

There's a larger print shop about an hour away that we sometimes partner with but their flatbed isn't large enough for a panel this size.

What would you guys recommend in this situation?

Thanks in advance!

Glavin_ID

Try to find someone with an FB700/750, they have a 98" print width and they are belt fed. They are pretty common in the market, lots of them out there.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ask your customer a simple question........ how is he gonna handle a solid 6' x 12 sign of aluminum ??

You could easily do it with poly. Probably be much cheaper and you can roll it up to deliver.​

WhatsYourSign?

Ask your customer a simple question........ how is he gonna handle a solid 6' x 12 sign of aluminum ??

You could easily do it with poly. Probably be much cheaper and you can roll it up to deliver.​

Whether it's poly or aluminum, it would still have a seam in the print at that size.

2B

what about a flex face, or a banner?

Do the specs require the substrate to be aluminum?
If so, you could leave the edge raw, wrap to the back and glue to the aluminum for a tight / smooth front

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Whether it's poly or aluminum, it would still have a seam in the print at that size.

Learn to use the Merchant Members here. There is at least one which can print that in one swipe, let alone others, I'm sure. Any wholesaler should be capable of going to at least 120" wide by unlimited length.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
no vinyl manufacturer produces a roll that large....
how complicated is the graphic? would paintmask work?

Yeah, you're probably right. I was thinking banner and flex face.

Yep, back to the drawing table for the OP.