• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1304 -IJ180C v3

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Hi all.
I have some vehicle wrap projects coming up and it will be the first time I will use the 1304 to run the prints off.
I have a roll of IJ180Cv3 & 8518 on the way.

I'm looking for some suggestions on the profiles & print modes that would work best for this combo.
How well do the profiles Mutoh provides for the 180c work?
Any tips or tweaks to get them to the best quality output?
I do not have the gear (or knowledge) to build my own color profiles just yet.

thanks

wayne k
guam usa

ProWraps

what rip are you using? we run the arlon graphics 2 720x720 bi profile and it works MUCH better than the 3M profile. this is in flexi and comes with flexi pro that we use.

the 3M profile uses a loser wave patter which produces much lighter washed out prints. the arlon profile uses a tighter wave and tends to produce much better color matching.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I will be using Fexi 8.6 to drive the printer.
I did load all the profiles for the 1304 off the flexi icc cd.
This was the type of info I was hoping to get with a tight deadline limiting me to how much time I would have to try settings out on my own.

Any pros or cons using the 8518 gloss laminate over the 8519 luster lam?
All of the prints I have sub'd out and installed have had the luster lam finish.
They seemed OK and have held up well but did not have a real gloss finish on them.
The wraps I will be doing are tourist busses and vans so I figured a bright, shiny eye catching finish would be better than the semi-matt look of the luster lam.

thanks for the tips.

wayne k
guam usa

ProWraps

we use 8518 exclusively. i think 8519 is more of an industry standard because its the closest thing to gloss that 3M used to have before 8518 was released, and its rated at 5 years where gloss is rated at 3. this may be due to the fact that 8518 hasnt been on the market for over 5 years and therefore 3M will not put the 5 year label on it. i dunno. but it is something we suspect.

Stealth Ryder

I will be using Fexi 8.6 to drive the printer.
I did load all the profiles for the 1304 off the flexi icc cd.
This was the type of info I was hoping to get with a tight deadline limiting me to how much time I would have to try settings out on my own.

Any pros or cons using the 8518 gloss laminate over the 8519 luster lam?
All of the prints I have sub'd out and installed have had the luster lam finish.
They seemed OK and have held up well but did not have a real gloss finish on them.
The wraps I will be doing are tourist busses and vans so I figured a bright, shiny eye catching finish would be better than the semi-matt look of the luster lam.

thanks for the tips.

wayne k
guam usa

That particular profile is built in to Flexi 8.6 and works great in my opinion...

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
ProWraps,
Sorry for the excessive requests for hand holding here, but I have some more questions.

I pulled up the Arlon graphics 2 profile and looked it over.
Under the printer options the wave setting is "default" and heater settings are not filled in (listed as "off" in all 3).
Am I doing something wrong here?
What settings do you use when you run this profile on the 180C?

thanks once again.
wayne k
guam usa

ps
I tried to attach a screen cap of both open dialog windows in the program manager but uploads are not working for me today.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Now that Fred has fixed the upload here is the screen cap I was trying to attach to my last post.

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• PM-arlon-settings.jpg
    PM-arlon-settings.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 89