• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1304 Ink charge

Red Earth

I did a quick search and couldn't find an answer.

I let my magenta run out of ink and got air in the lines. I tried sucking the ink through the lines by removing the line from the top of the baffle. I have ink to the splitter but every time I release suction from the line I get bubbles again!

Is there a way to charge lines through one of the menus? or another trick I am missing?

Thanks,

Phil

I would try pulling the ink through the damper. The damper should keep the ink from running back. I use a syringe with a tube attached to a piece of ink line. I plug it in the bottom of the damper and pull gently. If you can not get this done, you could do a little charge through the cleaning menu.

Red Earth

Okay... I did try pulling the ink from the bottom of the damper. One does fill.... I re-installed it back on the head.... Try filling the second and it sucks from the first damper instead of the "Y" where the two split.

I did try to do a "little charge" and a cleaning. to no avail. The bubbles in the line didn't move above the head.

Any ideas?

Phil

Last edited: