• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1304 ink problem

floater302

Ok, I have a problem that has me baffled, and before you post your solutions here is what I have done so far.
1.al new damp
2. new printhead
3. nw prinhead cables
4. new board he printhead cables go into
5. new motherboard fuses
6. cleaned ink lines.

RG

Maybe I'm misreading something, but what exactly is the problem? What does the nozzle check test look like? Can you see the same amount of ink exiting through the pump tubes? Is the new head perfectly parallel to the platen?

floater302

One of my black channel isn't printing at all, I even switch to another new printhead to throw out the possibility its the head, and it does the same thing with another head too, so when I do a nozzle check all channel are perfect but the one black channel.

papabud

Lone Wolf
its printing nothing at all?
did you check the manifold for a crack.
how did it print right after you replaced the head, did you get any type of print
is the machine pumping ink to the head. is it draining from the head
do you have bad ink or bad ink card, are you using oem ink
basically you should start from the ink and trace the entire path eliminating everything as you go.
some where along the path is a stopping point for your ink.

floater302

Everything is good, very odd this is happening, I even switched printhead from my other printer and the same thing goes on with it in this one machine, ink Ink is flowing to head, only other thing would be the motherboard.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Which fuses did you change on the main board and were they socketed or soldered? I have run into many customers who have said they changed or checked the fuses and ended up being wrong about which fuse to change is the only reason I ask. It would be a shame to purchase a main board when it could have been fixed for much cheaper!

floater302

Which fuses did you change on the main board and were they socketed or soldered? I have run into many customers who have said they changed or checked the fuses and ended up being wrong about which fuse to change is the only reason I ask. It would be a shame to purchase a main board when it could have been fixed for much cheaper!
they are socket and I changed all 3 of them. I have a extra 1204 board to try but I think with different firmware it wouldn't work with the 1304.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
they are socket and I changed all 3 of them. I have a extra 1204 board to try but I think with different firmware it wouldn't work with the 1304.

The board may boot up but it is dangerous to run a machine with different firmware so try at your own risk if you do. Unfortunately, most Mutoh boards are non-flashable so if it is already a 1204 you most likely won't be able to change it to a 1304. If it is old enough you might be able to.

printcleric

One of my 1304s had this problem with yellow. The ink line that runs along the long ribbon cables was rubbing against the inside of the printer until it wore a hole through and was letting air in. Have you taken the top off and inspected the lines? It can be a very small hole, and you should also check the inside of the cover, to see if it looks like it has been rubbing.

floater302

One of my 1304s had this problem with yellow. The ink line that runs along the long ribbon cables was rubbing against the inside of the printer until it wore a hole through and was letting air in. Have you taken the top off and inspected the lines? It can be a very small hole, and you should also check the inside of the cover, to see if it looks like it has been rubbing.

but did it effect both of the yellow or just one? mine is only on black, I can do a pressure test and see.