Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1304 printing issue after head soak

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by patrickj75, May 4, 2020.

1. patrickj75

patrickj75 New Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Minnesota
    I was having an issue with black streaks recently. Did a few head soaks now the black in my prints is printing green. MS was done last year. Dampers 2 years ago. I typically only print 1-2 days a week as I'm a part time business. Is it time for a new printhead?

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    Print a nozzle check and see what each channel is doing. If they look somewhat ok then something else is going on.

3. patrickj75

patrickj75 New Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Minnesota
    I did do a nozzle check last night and most of the black was out along with the yellow.

4. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    Hmmm - got a photo of the check? Not sure how you are getting green without the yellow channel.
    With just cyan and magenta everything would be tinted purple I think.
    Did you get an OEM MS or one of the cheaper ones? If your maintenance station drain tubes are clogged, puddling under the head could show cross-contamination.
    Someone who knows more will chime in soon.

5. patrickj75

patrickj75 New Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Minnesota
    We used an OEM MS. I attached a pic of the nozzle check I just did. It's not very good at all.

Attached Files:

6. Jaime IL

Jaime IL New Member

Feb 15, 2019
    Manteno
    Capping station is worth a shot replacing before spending all the money on a new MS.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    I would change the dampers out along with the o-rings as it's been 2 years, it's over due. I bet with a fresh set of dampers you could get it going.

• Like Like x 1
  8. David40

David40 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    nowhere
    I've had this issue before. What happens is while the head is soaking some of the different colors of ink will siphon into the other channels. I use a "printer workout" page for that where I just print very large blocks of the pure 4 color inks. That flushes out whatever got siphoned into the wrong channel and the cross contamination clears up.