• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1304 Printing Problem Streaking

signprinter

Hi everyone,
I have a problem and I can't seem to find a solution anywhere so I thought I would post here. I am having some major streaking/bleeding with my

magenta. I have cleaned the head multiple times, cleaned capping station, wiper etc. I have done tons of head cleanings also, but I am getting a constant
magenta streak/glow what ever you call it around any red or black. I have posted a picture. Any help would be great. I have also tried printing with the head down in low, head up in high postion and different profiles. I am mostly using Oracal 3651G paper

Thanks

Attachments

• 1304.JPG
    1304.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 79

FatCat

Looks like your head height is too high. Are you running in high position? If so, lower it and see what happens...

Ah, I read your post too quickly. QUESTION: when you lower your head does the magenta overspray lessen or look a little better - be sure to REALLY check to see if it changes.

FatCat

FWIW - magenta overspray is almost always a condition of the head being too high.
Did you just get this printer, or perhaps put in a new head or carriage assembly?

There is an adjustment cam on the carriage assembly that can be lowered, but you really need to be careful. I "think" the Mutoh spec is something like 1.4 mm between the bottom of the head and the platen. If you have a 1.5mm allen wrench you can use that for a very rough adjustment to get it close.

signprinter

I bought the printer new about 3 years ago, have never had to change any
parts on it yet. This just started happening. Could the head height just
change on its own, and wouldnt it do it with other colors? Could it be a
cartridge problem or damper
thanks