• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1324 finally printing color. Help with faded looking ink

altereddezignz

-personally I would copy/paste into new artboard to be sure

-contour cut line can be added in illustrator (create a CutContour swatch)

Never done this before? Does it matter on the color or anything? I am using a QE54 plotter. What about the registration marks that are normally printed with flexi.

J Hill Designs

Never done this before? Does it matter on the color or anything? I am using a QE54 plotter. What about the registration marks that are normally printed with flexi.

as long as your spot color is created correctly and exported correctly, PM will see it and add reg marks etc as needed. (assuming you cut to the q54 from flexi as well)

altereddezignz

as long as your spot color is created correctly and exported correctly, PM will see it and add reg marks etc as needed. (assuming you cut to the q54 from flexi as well)

Interesting. Well would you be willing to show me how to create the spot color for the contour. I mean i know how to create swatches and spot colors and all that just didnt know if there was a difference since it was being used for a contour cut.

I guess my only issue would be about the contour outline b/c i have 2 clippings masks in the design.
Image attached.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_17 Aug. 25 13.25.jpg
    ScreenHunter_17 Aug. 25 13.25.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 84

altereddezignz

So i changed the mix on the black and i read to change the driver options and the weaving effect to wow3 so i did. I also converted the file to a raster before i saved the file and opened in flexi. Now i know i was told i could create and send the file directly to PM but i would rather get my kinks worked out first with the file directly in flexi. I do have some banding on the colors tho. Any idea on removing this. One of the delivery trucks that we had done a few years ago by a wrap company has the same banding on the solid colors. Also anyone that has had training on the 1324 be willing to take a minute and talk. Have a couple questions.
I also have the profile set to the material we are using. I know some have stated to try other profiles but i would go broke trying repeated profiles using ink and material.

Also when i downloaded the profile pack from flexi it only shows 2 of the profiles for the material i am using.
Also when i go to oracal site to download a icc profile it doesnt list anything for flexi?
Images below.

Attachments

• IMG_4779.jpg
    IMG_4779.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_4778.jpg
    IMG_4778.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_4780.jpg
    IMG_4780.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 87
  • ScreenHunter_18 Aug. 25 16.22.jpg
    ScreenHunter_18 Aug. 25 16.22.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 93
  • ScreenHunter_17 Aug. 25 16.22.jpg
    ScreenHunter_17 Aug. 25 16.22.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 87

altereddezignz

Ok so new test. When u print in vector without rasterizing my letters look great with no tiger stripes or banding but the background that is a JPEG looks kinda green. When I rasterize n illustrator then open in flexi the background looks like it should color wise but I have slight banding or stripes n the letters and colors.
i can change to quality 2 that is 1440x1440 but it still shows slight banding or stripes. Also tried using wow3. Fine and fog3 and gone and fuse 3.

Should I not be able to print vector and JPEG. Combo or will I always have to rasterize my designs to print and be ok with the slight banding.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 101
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 98

altereddezignz

You can look at the images that I posted earlier and noticed that there are two variations of the orange number. One of them looks like a bunch of little drops and the other has tiger stripes or banding. The one with the banding actually looks like a better print than the other does but the one that looks like little drops is more uniform. The one that is more uniform is a vector that has not been rasterized. The ones with banding are the files that have been rasterized but all the colors are accurate after being rasterized

printndisplay

Please advice

I am planning to start a new printing establishment for wall decors, canvas prints, stickers and decals,, quality of print matter to me especially for canvas and wall papers, is Mutoh VJ1324+ Mutoh Value cut a good option?

altereddezignz

I can a say after spending 3 weeks gutting this printer form end to end and being on the brink of buying a new one I would suggest this printer to anyone wanting to start. After we got it going and lined out it is amazing. It runs really good and looks amazing. I'll post a picture of a image I printed that was only 300 dpi and after scaling it was right at 200 dpi. Printed in 720x1440 on wow be that's the default for the 3165g paper that I had laying there. Printed amazing. Color was. It as vibrant but no color correction was added.