Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1324x - channel of yellow drops on long prints

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by Keevan, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Keevan

Keevan New Member

Nov 3, 2018
    Trinidad
    Recently started having a problem with the printer dropping out yellow while doing long prints. The technician came and changed head cables and we thought it was resolved but here we are a month later and it has happened again.

A cleaning cycle may bring it back. but not always.

Is this a damper issue then? I have some aftermarket dampers but I've been told that only original dampers will work on the 1324x. Is it true?

Tags:
  2. WYLDGFI

WYLDGFI Merchant Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Linden, NJ
    Air in the line possibly.

3. Keevan

Keevan New Member

Nov 3, 2018
    Trinidad
    thanks but it happens after a while...
    I printed 20 feet yesterday then it dropped. A long clean brought it back and i continued printing (66 feet). It dropped out about 10 times during the rest of the print. The banner is going up really high so the thin line with slightly less yellow won't show but it's really troublesome to stand and watch the printer constantly

4. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Change the dampers. Ink drop out is almost always an air leak or failing damper.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Keevan

Keevan New Member

Nov 3, 2018
    Trinidad
    Thanks, I only have some digiprint dampers and those don't seem to work at all.
    I guess i'll have to order original Mutoh ones.