• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

:1394: Can't Open Port

SingsByMilsoft

Any help would be helpful.
Running RasterLinkProll [v3.10] with a Mimaki JV3 75SPII on XP computer. I can't get the port open. The computer wont communicate with the printer. I have tried new cables is still nothing. It was working find friday and monday came on to do some work and all I get now is <No printer were Found {3012}>-(0x02088104). Does anyone know what might be wrong here...

tcorn1965

Right click my computer, left click properties. Click on the device manager tab. Look down the list to the IEEE 1394 bus host controllers. Does is have a yellow exclamation symbol there? If so highlight and click uninstall. Restart your computer and let XP re-install the drivers. Keep in mind that after you do this you may have to reinstall your printer, although I don't think so. Hope this helps
Terry

tcorn1965

Go to Start/settings/control panel and choose add new hardware. See if the computer detects anything automatically. If not it will take you to another screen, choose hardware is attached then scroll down to the 1394 host adapter, highlight and next through install. Now if that's not there it is very possible that the fire-wire host controller has has gone bad, electrical surge, etc. The good news is that you can get a fire-wire card at best buy or equivalent for about $20.
Terry

SingsByMilsoft

I tried to use DVD rom that is on one of my other computers and it wont come up at all. So I think it has to be the firewire PCI card is out. Thank for your help.