• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

13MM Sign Board??

Jake26

I have a customer who has requested 13MM Sign Panels be installed around their local ball park. At first, I thought I could use Econolite but that only comes in 10MM.

Can anyone suggest another option to a simular material in 13MM?

Thanks!!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I have a customer who has requested 13MM Sign Panels be installed around their local ball park. At first, I thought I could use Econolite but that only comes in 10MM.

Can anyone suggest another option to a simular material in 13MM?

Thanks!!

You might ask if there is some particular reason that 13mm is required, is it some number they pulled out of the air, or is it a measurement from some other flavor of substrate? For that application even 10mm econolite/alumalite is overkill. 6mm would work just fine.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Possibly they meant 13-oz. banner material. More and more of these little league parks are going with banners.

We general only use 1/2" MDO because they take a beating from players running into them and balls denting them. We never use Sintra, Komatex or any of those products because of warping and if they don't take them in over the winter months, they'll generally crack. Cor-X is a No~No.

The thing I don't like about aluminum or the econolite/alumalite products is a person get hurt on them under the right conditions. They have very sharp corners and when reaching over or running along the warning path... you can really do some damage to an arm or eye if the player falls.