Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

14 x 12 Mesh banner outsourcing

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by 401Graphics, Sep 10, 2012.

1. 401Graphics

401Graphics Very Active Member

Was thinking about using this company for a 14 x 12 foot mesh banner (2 banners back to back that will be hung between two sign posts about 50 feet up to be seen on a highway).

Has anybody used this company?
    Is there a merchant member here that can do this and match or beat the pricing?

Thanks!

Tags:
  2. 401Graphics

3. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    I have not used them but will back to back mesh work?
    We did a bunch of small mesh banners and held 2 of them up back to back outside and the bleed though made them very hard to read.

wayne k
    guam usa

4. 401Graphics

I figured it would make some funky looking trippy effect with the mesh back to back (if you ever put perf vinyl on top of perf on your work table you know what im talking about). But this banner has to be mesh due to faster winds up high, and from what im told you cannot print mesh double sided.
    Any other suggestions (besides slits which i do not trust on a banner this large)

5. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Major Contributor

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    Use Georgia Print Company. Great people to work with, and mega food wholesale pricing.

6. 401Graphics

food wholesale pricing!? Perfect cuz im starving right now!:thumb:

7. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    I understand the need for the mesh, I'm just thinking the customer may not like the final look and at that stage it will be way to late.

I brought in a roll of mesh and wanted to see if I could use it for double sided vertical pole banners in a used car lot. It didn't look good even with a very simple layout with minimal text.

One of the big guys here like Merritt should have some ideas on what would work at that size.

wayne k
    guam usa

8. 401Graphics

anybody else got some suggestions?

9. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Major Contributor

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    What the puff happened! I must have done this on my iPad. Bloody Steve Jobs from beyond the grave!

10. 401Graphics

Hmm guess i'll have to stick with the mesh. Seems to be no other choice anyways.