• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1440 profile for mutoh

Graphicdetailsinc

i need a 1440x1440 profile for my falcon outdoor.
I am trying to print a large ciy map, and i need all the detail i can get for the street names.

Its orical 3651 vinyl

thanks

randya

Due to the 'texture' and nature of vinyl, I doubt that you will gain detail from 1440 over 720 on this media with equal profiles at each resolution.

Graphicdetailsinc

i also have gloss paper, maybe ill print on that.

However when i send a print at 1440x1440 it generates the job file, rips the image then says printing, the printer will make like 1 or to passes then stop, and not continue.....

Mutoh falcon outdoor... flexi 7.6v2 sp2

Jackpine

If the quality is not in the file, 1440 will not improve the image. 720x720 would be more than enough for most everything and just print high quality.

Graphicdetailsinc

the file is 600dpi at actual size so i think the detail is there, i just need to get it to print 1440. i have gotten it to make a few passes and the clarity of the tiny text is greatly improved, i just cant get it to do more than about 5 passes

Graphicdetailsinc

maybe... i have 3gb of ram and a seperate HD just for a scratc disk, and i have never had any issues sending vehicle wrap files that exceed 1gb in size...

Bogie

Hey, if you keep having problems - What substrate do you need it on? I can do photo paper with my 44" Epson, and it'll be nice and sharp.

jiarby

if the file is 600dpi what does printing it at 1440 get you?

600dpi is all there is in the file, right?

Bogie

IMHO, more pixels printed per pixel of detail can help things somewhat... Personally, with the Epson, I generally print at 1440 instead of 2880, because it seems like it sharpens a little...

Bogie

Make it it own fume hood room. Small room, with a nice door, and an exhaust fan blowing outside. With the door closed, the exhaust fan will have air leaking around the outside (you can test with a cig or incense or a special high dollar "test stick" if you work for a large corporation...).

R08

Better output with higher re

if the file is 600dpi what does printing it at 1440 get you?

600dpi is all there is in the file, right?

The RIP software interpolates the file and you actually get a better image. The rip more or less fills in-between the pixels with the combined colour.

See attached files . The higher resolution file was taken from the lower resolution file.
But in order to see the difference. Drag the images into Corel and compare.

Rob

Attachments

• new-1.gif
    new-1.gif
    8.7 KB · Views: 128
  • new-2.gif
    new-2.gif
    52.9 KB · Views: 138