• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

14ft circular sign

Malkin

Considering taking on a job to make & install a 14' circular sign. Single faced, installed to an outside wall, likely corrugated metal siding.

I can just simply piece it out of some form of polymetal, but is there a better "out of the box" method any of you would consider?

Thanks!

Si Allen

If it is going to be mounted on corrugated metal ... you should have some sort of framework behind it!

SignosaurusRex

What about Direct to surface paint? Substrate costs typically push the project outside of budget. If it must be on a substrate...go with 5'x8' Dibond or Alupanel for your sections.

visual800

if this were my job no doubt I would:

1- 1x2 aluminum framing with .063 or .080 aluminum faces 5x12 sheets AND i would try and talk them down to a 12 x12 circle to make it easier.

2-another option is to order white lexan for the face. it can be cut to 14' that would make it easier, a little uncalled for I admit

3- flex face with digital print and stretched over a frame

Dave Drane

if this were my job no doubt I would:

1- 1x2 aluminum framing with .063 or .080 aluminum faces 5x12 sheets AND i would try and talk them down to a 12 x12 circle to make it easier.

2-another option is to order white lexan for the face. it can be cut to 14' that would make it easier, a little uncalled for I admit

3- flex face with digital print and stretched over a frame

That is what I would consider.....Option #1 & 2...BUT your quality will put you out of their price range, so you would lose the job because your quality is too good.

Malkin

Thanks for the input.

If we went with the dibond panels I was thinking we would attach to an aluminum frame, probably on site.

Painting direct to surface is an interesting idea. I think the intended design might be photographic, though not sure.

Thanks!