• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

14oz banner crinkling on print?

Lea Marc

Hi guys,

I printed some banners with heavy blue coverage on Ultraflex 14oz blockout banner on our HP latex 360 and see these indentations from the push rollers which are visible on both sides of the material. Any suggestions? I didn't think the heat setting from the printer would cause these...it is set to 217C right now.

Steve

Attachments

• 20180314_100139.jpg
    20180314_100139.jpg
    306.1 KB · Views: 166
  • 20180314_100147.jpg
    20180314_100147.jpg
    791 KB · Views: 158
  • 20180314_100205.jpg
    20180314_100205.jpg
    914.2 KB · Views: 156
  • 20180314_100219.jpg
    20180314_100219.jpg
    965.3 KB · Views: 177

dypinc

Unbelievable, People still trying to use Ultraflex on Latex printers! Only thing you can do is wipe it down good with alcohol and hope you can get all the plasticizers off to even hope to get a decent print. And your other issue is the heat is too high and or maybe tension is too high.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Are letting the media pull off the roll or are you manually unwinding it? Some rolls of Ultraflex tend to be a bit sticky on the roll and the first instinct is to unroll it manually. Fine, but after you unroll it, roll it back and let the printer pull from the roll. If you let it feed unrolled media there may not be sufficient tension to keep the media flat and taut as it feeds into the printer causing all manner of interesting and unwanted effects.

Lane J

Looks like a heat issue. It looks like when I have the heat set too high for the material. I have never had ultraflex print worth a darn on my HPs.

Lea Marc

Thanks for your comments guys, what do you use for heat settings for that material? I'll agree I haven't had too much luck with Ultraflex banner material on the HP, it prints much more reliably on our Roland XR-640 which I will likely switch to for the reprint of this job.

Dan360

Yup, Ultraflex banners are a nightmare on the HP. I had to clean a roll every time we printed it with alcohol to get that to go away. We stopped using them.

We had to print it at about 170 @ 12 pass with interpass delay just to get it to print alright.

nate

Unbelievable, People still trying to use Ultraflex on Latex printers! Only thing you can do is wipe it down good with alcohol and hope you can get all the plasticizers off to even hope to get a decent print. And your other issue is the heat is too high and or maybe tension is too high.
This is interesting. It's all we print on for banner. Perhaps you need a new vendor. We go through pallets of this stuff-- 126" 13oz in matte. Maybe that's the difference?

shoresigns

Scrim material looks hideous on rollup banners, not to mention the edges often curl. Why not use a nice, premium-looking polyester film like most shops do?