• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

15" envision plotter?

gabagoo

I have a 15" envision plotter and even though we dont use it that much anymore I was wondering what sort of maintenance can be performed on the unit. The two steel wheels that move the carriage look like they could uselubrication but fear maybe your not supposed to. Not sure of anything else on machine that might need attention. Anybody know for sure?

Tim Aucoin

That's the same model I have. When I went through the training, I was told that the plotter needed virtually zero maintenance. I was also told that these things don't depreciate like other equipment! Since I'm still under warranty, I'll pose your question to Gerber and see what they say!! :rolleyes:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I agree with Tim. I've run mine daily since 1998 and have never done anything in the way of maintenance other than dusting it off now and then.

gabagoo

Thanks guys...it really is a great plotter, to bad its only 15" or I would use it more for strictly cutting. I did today though, put a new cutting strip in and that was fun trying to get the old adhesive out of that channel!!

Tim Aucoin

Spoke to a Gerber technician just now. He says to clean the wheels & track with lint-free cloth & isopropyl alcohol if there is visible dust, and if I like, I can apply a very thin layer of 3in1 oil or sewing machine oil along the track with my finger. That's about it for on-going maintenance! :thumb:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
If anyone believes that I'll take $10k for my Envision 375!

Well they aren't cheap for sure but they're very durable and reliable. Right now after 12 years of daily use I have to replace the tool carriage assembly. With the special weight for adjusting it correctly, the cost is about the same as a new 24" Graphtec or Roland with me doing the work.

gabagoo

Very true. I think I've had mine for 10 years and I've never needed to repair anything on it. I just don't use it much anymore.

They are much different than most plotters. I love it when it is cutting an edge job with curves. It is almost like it is figuring out how to cut it faster and faster. After every so many get cut you can definately hear the machine getting faster and faster. I also like using it to cut magnetic stencils for the odd customer.