• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

15" GSXPlus Plotter Trouble

My plotter has started losing track on where it is at. If I print decals with my edge then try to cut them as long as it stays under about 7" tall it is fine. But I just tried to cut out to decals that are 9" tall x 14" wide it did the first one fine but half way thru the second one it stuttered and raised the decal cut up about an 1" and finished cutting. Does anyone have any suggestions on what may be causing this.

Tel

I use a GS15 plus in conjuntion with an edge daily, make sure the chromed bars that the cutting head runs on are clean and lightly oiled with 3 in 1 oil or sewing machine machine oil (any light oil) and if you remove the cutting head cover there is a hole in the carrier where the crome bar goes through put a drop of oil in there, you may find its at the bottom and you will need to rotate it. If you look back through the threads you will find a description into this done by Fred who is more articulate then me and you may understand his better.
These cutter are very reliable and having used one for more years than I wish to remember I have very little bother with them as long as they are kept clean and oiled.
Good Luck
regards Tel