• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

16 oz Scrim Vinyl

Artworks

Artworks
My company is a supplier and user of the HP 16 oz Frontlit SCRIM Vinyl. I was very happy with the quality and affordability of this material as it is far superior to much of the competition. Unfortunately, HP has recently announced they are discontinuing the product and I am scrambling to find a manufacturer with a comparable product. I only want to carry one nice quality, vinyl banner media. Any suggestions? It would need to be outdoor and SCRIM. Needs to be latex printable.

Thanks

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You might find a wider array of media if you step it up to 18oz.

Also, check out BigFish on here. He's got it all.

Artworks

Artworks
You might find a wider array of media if you step it up to 18oz.

Also, check out BigFish on here. He's got it all.

18 oz is fine. I was set on going with SIHL, but the one I ordered was back-ordered and then they discontinued it. It was an 18 oz as well.

I was using the same material on my new HP Latex printer. I talked with my rep at LexJet where I have been buying it. She said its true, being discontinued.

She is going to look into a substitute also --I'll let you know what she comes up with.

We were previously printing Ultraflex -- probably will just go back to that. I really liked that HP had a profile for the HP banner already -- prints looked really good. Bummer...