• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

16' sign for customer installation

sushila

We are bidding on a pre-designed sign to be installed on a building. It will be a 5' x 16' 3mm polymetal/maxmetal with vinyl graphics running continuously along the top and bottom. The substrate comes in 5' x 10' sheets. Any creative ideas on where to put the break or how to attach the 2 pieces so the customer can install? Thanks!

Craig Sjoquist

Welcome to a outstanding Signs 101 and people.

+1 on creating a frame 1st

let see some of your outstanding work and a few words.

SignManiac

I recently made a 5'x40' sign using four 5'x10' sheets of polymetal. I built my frame from 2"x2" square aluminum tubing with vertical spars on all the seams. Attached the faces with VHB and also sheet metal screws. I built mine in two sections, 5'x20' but you can build your in one piece so long as you don't have any problems transporting it.

Attachments

• Gulfside Trift Shoppe.jpg
    Gulfside Trift Shoppe.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 103
  • Gulfside Trift Shoppe2.jpg
    Gulfside Trift Shoppe2.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 109

Circleville Signs

I think, more importantly, why would you just be giving away hard earned installation knowledge to your customer for free? Unless you don't really know how to install it either?

sushila

Our bid is not to include design/layout or install, permitting, or install. The customer has requested a bid on the manufacturing of the sign only.

Mosh

Seem it in the middle, up 10' i the air no one will even notice it.
I would just seem it with VHB and a 3" wide strip of .040 aluminum on the
back of the seam to hold it together.

I would also bid a seperate one using a 1x1 aluminum frame system, doing that
is going to double the price, so give them both prices and let them decide since you
are not installing.

MikePro

we mount extrusion to the wall, which creates a frame that allows us to slide our panels in from one side.

oh, make sure you can obtain a permit! doesn't matter which direction you plan to go, if your city won't allow such a sign to go up in the first place!

klemgraphics

Seem it in the middle, up 10' i the air no one will even notice it.
I would just seem it with VHB and a 3" wide strip of .040 aluminum on the
back of the seam to hold it together.

I would also bid a seperate one using a 1x1 aluminum frame system, doing that
is going to double the price, so give them both prices and let them decide since you
are not installing.
I have done this also in the past with good results.

Most of the time if they are too cheap to pay you for the install there is no way they will fork over the extra $$ for the aluminum frame which is the best way to do it.

FS-Keith

I recently made a 5'x40' sign using four 5'x10' sheets of polymetal. I built my frame from 2"x2" square aluminum tubing with vertical spars on all the seams. Attached the faces with VHB and also sheet metal screws. I built mine in two sections, 5'x20' but you can build your in one piece so long as you don't have any problems transporting it.

Nice harness:rolleyes: