• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1604 banding problem

FatCat

Going to need more information...

What does your nozzle check look like?
Do you have your PF adjustment calibrated for the type of material you're printing?
Have you cleaned your rails lately?
When you say "thump" have you tracked it down to what is making it?

Again, more details please.

imagepro

Thanks to those who offered suggestions to my banding problem. It seems the major help was turning down the preheater & mid heater by about 10%. Cleaned and greased the rails (didn't even know I was suppose to.) Still have the small "thumping" noise & the CV motor seems
fine. But, the machine is printing great. Thanks.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I think I know what thumping noise you are talking about. I have worked on the same machine and the thumping was causing the prints to have strange banding every few inches. I checked the PF encoder and it had scratches on it. Check the encoder scale behind the left cover of the machine. If you can see a lot of dust, you may be able to just clean it with some alcohol and a clean rag. If it is scratched you will have to replace it. The problem seems to get worse as time goes by so you might want to keep an eye on it.

Tel

I don't know if it's the same but on our 1204 it used to make a thump and when I took the top cover off and ran the machine the belt that carries the cable and ink lines was slightly twisted and going down with a thump I twisted the belt and got it almost straight and the problem was solved no more thumping, we also have a 1604 but never had the same problem with that.
Rgegards
Tel