• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1604 Lever Up!

Joop

Hey folks, I was using my 1604 last night and when loading some material, I noticed that it took a longer than usual for the "lever up" message on the display to go away. At the end of the night I went to switch materials again, and the "Lever Up" message did not go away!
I pulled up the lever and down again, but it just keeps thinking that the lever is still in the up position. I even tried to power down the machine and restart it but that didn't work either. Oh and when I hit the power button to shut it off, it didn't go off... I had to pull the plug (yes another issue).
If anyone can help me and my machine... it is now just sitting there NOT cleaning itself!!! Thanks!

OneUpTenn

Okay this happens to me all the time. Look slightly to the left of the printing head and there is a little metal piece (kinda looks like a shoehorn) that helps hold the material in place. It will get hung sometimes when you are loading and unloading a lot of material. Just take a weeding tool or screwdriver and push it back to where it needs to be.

Joop

Hey thanks for the info... but I don't see the piece that you are speaking of... is it ON the print carriage? not? where is it in relation to the sponge?

Joop

yeah, a pic would be great... or does anyone know what he is talking about? still can't find it.

OneUpTenn

Oh sorry guys, just now saw this again. Okay it is about 8 inches to the left of the print head on the 64" printer.

The first picture is from the front of the machine. The 2nd picture is the piece in the correct postiton taken from the back of the machine.

The third pic is from the back also with me moving the piece down in the incorrect position.

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 83
  • mms_picture.jpg
    mms_picture.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 79

Joop

Yeah, I don't see what you are seeing. This is about the ValuJet 1604... Thanks for the pics anyway. But Stealth Ryder is right, my valujet doesn't look like that.

Joop

...so... nobody with a valuejet has had this problem? I'll have to call mutoh direct when I get back to the office... hopefully they will know what to do!

OneUpTenn

It is indeed a Falcon outdoor. I have never seen a Valuejet in person. Thought they might be similiar. Sorry. I was just trying to help. Hope you get it figured out.

Go Vols!!! haha