• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1604 - No Yellow

psbc2009

Have a 1604 that recently developed a problem with one channel of yellow missing on the nozzle check.
First noticed this when trying to print reds. The maintenance station is new although the head has been through
"2" Life cycles. The dampers were fairly old - lost track of time on them - so I replaced both yellow ones.

When attempting to prime the dampers I cannot pull ink into them. Basically they seem to be fighting each other.
When I do pull any ink it goes right through the damper into my syringe.

The sub tank appears to be functioning normal and I don't "think" there are any air leaks.

Could a bad head cause this problem? Could the new dampers be defective?
About ready to give up :(

Any suggestions appreciated. Hate to push the old girl out the door but may need to.

Thanks

Signchief

Get some soft rubber hose, place it over the end of one damper and pinch it off then pull ink into the other damper tilt the damper upside down so the ink will fall into the damper as it fills then place another piece of tubing over that damper and pinch that off and repeat with the other damper. The tubing has to be really soft I use natural rubber hose. To pinch off the hose fold it over itself and use an alligator clip or i use the big spring loaded paper clips i think they are called binder clips. If you don't have cross contamination and you're not noticing changes in print quality your head is probably ok but you might need a maintenance station rebuild.

psbc2009

I will try that. The maintenance station is less than 1 month old OEM and appears to be functioning normal.
Never had a problem trying to prime dampers before. Seems like I am fighting quite a bit of air in the line possibly.

Signchief

I will try that. The maintenance station is less than 1 month old OEM and appears to be functioning normal.
Never had a problem trying to prime dampers before. Seems like I am fighting quite a bit of air in the line possibly.
What was the outcome! Have you had any success filling your dampers? Have you found your culprit?