• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1604 pump problem

MagnetStew

Happy Monday everyone!

Here is the problem. When I go to do a cleaning or ink charge (either little or normal), the maintenance assembly works like it supposed to except when it goes to actually try and pull ink through the pump. There is a single click and nothing happens and a few seconds later it continues the cleaning process. Basically, its running through the entire cleaning or charging process (tried it on both) except actually pulling ink through. The motor works fine because when the head moves to the left for the station to clear the drain lines the motor comes on and pulls whatever is on the cap through the drain lines. The printer thinks its completing the entire process but it isn't. Make sense?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

guitarguy69

Remove the metal cover that's below the maintenance station and inspect the two small drain lines. They come from the maintenance station and often clog. Use solvent to flush clogs if they exist.
If no clogs exist, I like to remove the small lines fron the area they feed to and attach a seringe and manualy flush the lines.
If this does not work, it may be time for a replacement.

MagnetStew

Pump and lines both replaced last week. The lines are clear because when the head moves to the left and it starts pumping to clear the lines any residual ink in the drain lines gets sucked through. The lines are clear. The pump works fine because I switched swapped it into another printer and it worked fine. I am thinking its a fuse on the mobo. Calling a tech today. :(