• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1604 Roll Length in Setup Menu

Sparky

Was looking for anything that tells me what to set, or where to set this up. It is accessed through:
Setup -> Roll Length ->
- Off
- Roll 1
- Roll 2
- Roll 3

Does anyone know?

Sparky

Nope. Not really.

What I ave learned is that it is for estimating how much is left on the roll - How much is left on Roll 1 - Roll 2 - Roll 3, etc... This would be really helpful!

What I can't find is how you set how long the roll is to start.

Might just go and set it to Roll 1 and see what it thinks I loaded, and hope it doesn't unroll the entire thing to find out!

randya

No it will not unroll the entire thing.

It is a countdown function.

Set Roll 1 to the length of your media. i.e. 50 meters, print 10 meters and it should show 40 meters remaining.

If you change media, you will either need to change to a new Roll function or turn it off and change it back when you start printing Roll 1 again.

Sparky

Yeah - figured it out as I loaded a new roll this weekend. Seems pretty good, but I thought it would get away from the dreaded "end of roll" message that will often ruin a panel on my large jobs. Seems like a good idea, but functionality is missed.

Graphicholik3

Sparky I ran into the same problem when I first purchased the 1604 ValueJet. I figured out that it either has to do with A.)Not enough tension on the roll, so the printer thinks the roll is done B.) You gotta extend the roll length in your RIP software. Not the actual length of the artwork but the length of the media vertically. Extend it way past the job length to ensure it prints the whole job! I use FlexiSIGN-Pro 8.5.

I would be printing a 10ft. panel & it would just stop & say "End of Roll" on a brand new roll. So as soon as I did those adjustments I haven't had the problem since!

Sparky

Yeah, I was trying to ,make the roll length in the RIP (Flexi 8.5 as well) as long as I could and it stops about 25' short of the whole roll. I haven't tried extending my print boundaries, but will try it. The only thing I have found that almost religiously works (So long as you remember) is to reload the printer before you it print. Seems to confuse just how much vinyl has passed through. I just remembered this after waking up Sunday morning and being 2.5 panels short of what I told it to do...

randya

The media sensor on the 1604 is located in the center of machine, right behind the pinch rollers.

There is a circular cutout with the sensor located underneath.

If you are having 'End of Roll' errors , please contact your dealer.

You may also want to contact:
support@mutoh.com

Please list your:
Printer Serial #
Printer Firmware Verson#
RIP and version
And if it is a particular media please list that as well.

Graphicholik3

Here is an example of what I have it set up. It works perfect for any type of job. I print anything from 50ft. Big Rigs to 10ft. Banners to 8inch decals. Also make sure the canvas is bigger then the artwork as well. Each time I set up for a job I don't necessarily 'Reload' my Media if using same Media type, but I do take out the slack on the roll itself & then make sure you have it pulled tight then put the lever down to secure roll.
fs85scrnshotea0.jpg