• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Service Sign Co

I was just wondering, It really disturbed me after remodeling the only area I have to put a printer I was told it would be next to impossible to get one that large up a flight of stairs, and would probably damage the unit. I had no reason not to believe the rep,and was somewhat prepared for the response. I now will need to do even more research. I was convinced the 1604 was the best way to go

randya

Dry weight on a 1604 is 615 lbs.

It is 106"x33"x50"

There are a few in basements and second floors.

Depends on the stairway, you will probably want riggers.

Service Sign Co

I have 11' x 20' space and I believe it comes apart from the stand, unlike a Summa DC4 The floor once supported a waterbed so weight wouldn't send it crashing through the floor. There is a lot of preperation involved for me

k6media

Got ours the other day. The movers ( 4 of them, big guys) got it up our flights of stairs no problem. Working great for now. The purolator guy however is gonna be the one with the soar back bringing up the rolls.

TheSnowman

Anyone know what a Mimaki JV3 54" weighs? In about 2 weeks, mine's comin' back down. We hauled it up disassembled...now, that dream isn't happening for it's way back down. I'll be sure and take pictures of it. It should be amazing...I'll have to double check my insurance before hand too!

Craig Sjoquist

likes that commercial ... two guys lifting a piano up several storys with rope and tackle
of course the rope breaks

anyway getting it up there is easy... moving is the hard part to another location.. be carefull what your thinking

git r dun

k6media

My unit was delivered to the second floor.... we had to cut a hole in the wall 50" x 45" wide.. and it went through no problem

There were 4 men doing the delivery.

It can happen.

at least your got delivered w/ guys. ours showed up on atruck w/ no liftgate or pallet jack. & the driver wondering were my forklift was?Not big enough we don't have a forklift & was not told that we might need one on delivery. So we decide to carefully take it from their truck to one of ours by sliding it. & oddly enough the driver had a bad back & was not able to assist.

Matt Cuellar

As long as the dealer you're working with was aware of it, I'm sure they'd be flexible and figure out a solution. We want the sale! :smile: You need the manpower period to get the 64" printer on the stand, just might need more to get it up the flight of stairs. It's not impossible, just a hassle unless you're stairway is easy to maneuver in and so forth. Of the big fear is someone dropping it or and damaging the carriage or head, etc. But if you plan well enough, it might not be too bad!

Service Sign Co

I also was or still am going to cut a fairly large hole in sheetrock and possibly remove a framed door.It's a lot of planning & preperation. I don't suppose the sales team will provide 4 weight lifters on the install

Sparky

Funny too that a 10' crate needs to be lowered on a 4.5' liftgate. My driver was not impressed, but with a little work it was done. Too bad that we had an ice storm the day before it was delivered and it took him 6 or 7 tries to get the truck up the drive... ;) Since they were putting it into a garage, he wanted to charge me a "install" price. I told him that if he took it to the final destination, I would happily pay the fee - he said, "I will just leave it here and waive the fee."

Go figure - you threaten work and fees get waived.

kstompaint

That's funny Sparky because my story is similar. The truck got stuck coming up the lane. I could have pulled it but didn't have a chain and my truck was in front of his and I couldn't pass to go get one. Luckily I had a cooperative driver, he used chains. The problem was more with the truck than the lane. I had 2 crates containing a 1604, 62" laminator, 65" plotter and the stands. The liftgate was insufficient, but the 3 of us got it done.

On carrying it upstairs... width is probably the issue. It's not hard to move with 4 people but up stairs.. I'd hesitate.

Last edited: