• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1614 and 3rd party inks

Wrapdup

Have been using a 3rd part ink for about 5 months now with zero problems.... untill 2 days ago.

Ink was low so we went to replace it with a new cart, when we put it in it gives an error of not original ink. so we put the cart we had in the printer just prior that had been working and it gave us the same error. Had an original mutoh ink cart from waaay back when with about 15% left in it. That cart worked and got us through our print.

called distributor and had them send out another cart, arrived today and it will not read either. so, original mutoh ink went back in and it reads fine.

any help please?

Wrapdup

eco express. plug and play.

have been good to us so far, now the printer just seems to not want to read any magenta cart we put in. but all other 3 colors in the printer are from eco express also.

msrobere

Check the placement of the smart card. I have this problem from time to time when I put in a new cartridge it will tell me not original, pull the cartridge pull the smart card and re position it sometimes just 1/8" is all it takes. You can check the placement with one your original cartridges. For me 9 out of 10 times this solves the problem.

msrobere

I am not sure then. I get my cartridges from solventcartridges.com, I believe they are a merchant member on here. Their support has been fantastic for me. They have sent me a programmer and blank cards in case I have any problems with the cards I can program another.

CheapVehicleWrap

I am not sure then. I get my cartridges from solventcartridges.com, I believe they are a merchant member on here. Their support has been fantastic for me. They have sent me a programmer and blank cards in case I have any problems with the cards I can program another.

I too have the card programmer but have yet to order their inks.

How long have you used their inks & how happy are you?

msrobere

I started using them in August and haven't had any problem as far as the ink quality, just getting the smart cards to read from time to time. I haven't noticed any difference, no change in the smell of the ink compared to others that I have heard.

CheapVehicleWrap

I started using them in August and haven't had any problem as far as the ink quality, just getting the smart cards to read from time to time. I haven't noticed any difference, no change in the smell of the ink compared to others that I have heard.

Never really had a problem with the cards. Was it placement? Glad to hear about the inks.

archenemy1

I have a VJ 2606

Just went through 5 Lc cards and 2 days of my life.........found an old card and that worked.

1 or 2 cards spare is not enough.

I also believe that getting them from the same source and or time has something to do with it too.......

The old card I found and used was from the same supplier source but from months before.

The new L cyan cards were purchase 2 on one day.....both would not work "not original" error etc.

Next day buy 3 more.......same shit.

I swap a sensor/reader into that Lc position from Lm position....Lm works....... I know all the tricks

The old card worked.......

So......always save an old working card on hand for every colour on the shelf, even if it is "Ink near end"