• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1614 lever position. do you usually use light or hard?

astro8

When printing graphics that will be tiled or have to be exact same size you'll want to use the full pressure. You can get a discrepancy in lengths if you don't.

CheapVehicleWrap

Thanks for the info. There's only 1 sentence in the manual about it and I didn't see it for a long time but knew there were 2 positions.

LenXIII

Whenever I use light position my prints end up 1/2" short (typically 4'x8' Prints) althought I hear you can adjust this in flexi..

Another issue I have is I get some strange alignment issues once in a while. Its almost as if the rollers lose grip and cause the material to surge forward a small amount causing some horrible wavy bands..

Anyway, I seem to always use full force now.

QUESTION: Does anyone know if the level mechanism gets worn out causing reduced pressure over time?

Peterpan

I think it depends of the material you print.
In most cases the light pressure is ok, if the material is slipping when moves forward then you need the extra pressure.
The rollers condition also effect the right material movement.

Peterpan

Whenever I use light position my prints end up 1/2" short (typically 4'x8' Prints) althought I hear you can adjust this in flexi..

There is a step adjustment procedure in the user manual page 63.
Using this you can check and adjust the forward step of your 1614.

Another issue I have is I get some strange alignment issues once in a while. Its almost as if the rollers lose grip and cause the material to surge forward a small amount causing some horrible wavy bands..

You need to set the lever at the second position, high pressure.

QUESTION: Does anyone know if the level mechanism gets worn out causing reduced pressure over time?
[/QUOTE]

I don't think the mechanism gets worn out.
The only can get worn out in my opinion is the silicone rollers.